“You pray in your distress and in your need; would that you might pray also in the fullness of your joy and in your days of abundance.”My relationship with the Divine has come and gone throughout the years, expressing itself in different ways and different intensities. For the past few years I’ve associated my Higher Power with pain and sadness – my faith being at its peak during difficult times. I didn’t know where else to turn; surrendering to my Higher Power seemed to be the only thing I could do.
- Kahlil Gibran, The Prophet
When things are good, it’s easier for me to forget that the same Higher Power is at work. But lately I decided to start associating my Higher Power with the abundance and joy that surround me, believing that I can grow and become through joy just as much as I can through pain. That faith doesn’t always come naturally to me, but I feel something has shifted and it's becoming easier. For that I am grateful.Word(s) of the day: abundance, prayer, connection, Higher Power, humility, gratitude, faith
No comments:
Post a Comment