Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Stillness

“Perhaps it would be a good idea some day, fantastic as it sounds, to muffle every telephone, quiet every motor, and stop all activity – just to give people a chance to ponder and reflect on what life is all about, why they are living, and what they really want.”
- James Truslow Adams


Only by being still can I hear the voice of my intuition. Sometimes being still involves writing in my journal; sometimes it involves a cup of coffee, silence, and staring into space. Either way, quieting my physical environment and dispensing of mental to-do lists gives my inner voice the space to exist and make itself known – although it may take more than one attempt. I must be consistent, and patient.

Today I will be still, even if only for a few minutes. I will stop what I’m doing. I will breathe. I will be present.


Word(s) of the day: stop, listen, be, practice, silence

1 comment:

Jen Lee said...

Oh, I am bustling around today, unpacking from a trip and tidying for visitors who arrive in a few days, and this reminder was exactly what I needed. Thank you!