Deliberate: adj 1 a intentional. b fully considered; not impulsive. 2 slow in deciding; cautious. 3 leisurely and unhurried. v 1 think carefully; take counsel. 2 consider, discuss carefully.
"You approach things with a lot of consideration and thought (to the energy it will take from you, how you want to involve yourself or not, what your goals are, etc.)" a dear friend wrote to me. She's absolutely right.
Whether it's adopting the newest technology, starting a creative project or buying a pair of boots, I definitely approach things with consideration and thought. Of course some things may take less time to consider than others and others are no-brainers to begin with, but for the most part, the reflex to stop and think is there.
What this usually means is that if I do, try or buy something, it's because a) I know I want to, b) I know what impact it will have on my goals or c) I don't know, but am willing to throw caution to the wind and face the consequences. On the flip side, it can also mean difficulty making decisions quickly, missed opportunities, and paralysis by analysis when over-thinking a situation. Balance is key.
I didn't realize this had become so engrained in my psyche until my friend pointed it out. I used to see my deliberation as excessive and boring, but now I'm a lot more accepting and comfortable with it. It allows me to live with intention and it's taken me years of practice to get where I am.
Now if I could only find that balance ...
Word(s) of the day: intention, questioning, decisions, deliberate, choice, consequences, good, bad, peace, balance, acceptance
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment