Sunday, December 14, 2008

PSA: Winter Solstice Events in the Capital

A bit of a departure from my reflections to date, I thought I'd provide a Public Service Announcement listing of Winter Solstice events I knew were taking place here in Ottawa.

Unfortunately I'll either be out of town or frantically preparing to leave so I probably won't be attending any this year. But for those who will be here, in case you're interested, there are a few things going on:

White Fire Alchemy - A winter solstice gateway concert
A co-creative solo performance of crystal singing bowls, Tibetan metal bowls, vocal overtoning, praying piano, eclectic vocals, Native American flute, shamanic drumming.

Windhorse Yoga Studio's Winter Solstice Mala - 108 sun salutations
Recommended for all levels, moving through Surya Namaskar A 108 times, modifying the sequence and resting according to the needs of individual bodies.

Winter Solstice at the Canada Science and Technology Museum
Daytime activities including an inflatable planetarium, a tour of the Helen Sawyer Hogg Observatory (home of Canada's largest refracting telescope) and horse-drawn sleigh rides; a free evening star party at the observatory.

Winter Solstice Labyrinth Walk
Hosted by the First United Church and All Saints Anglican Westboro, a time of quiet and spiritual renewal, and a welcoming of winter with the warmth of friendship and refreshments.

If anyone's heard of other local events, please let me know!

No comments: